November 15-17, 2019
Marriott Oakland City Center
There will be a scavenger hunt organized by Jesse James Beads. Be on the lookout for an email from Sarah James asking for your participation. She did this at the Philadelphia Bead Fest and it brought much more foot traffic to our booth.
There will be a raffle organized by Blue Door Beads from Oakland Friday & Saturday. Bring her items to raffle off and you will get your company name and booth number announced over the PA.
Room Block – Deadline 10/14/19 NEXT MONDAY!!!
Single/double occupancy $159.00, Triple occupancy $169, or Quadruple occupancy $179, average nightly rate + taxes & fees. If you have any questions or need help, call the hotel directly and let them know you are with “The Whole Bead Show” to get rate.
Is your company name and product listed correctly online?
Check the show page to see if you are listed correctly. Click here to access a form to update your information. This really important so customers know where to shop for which items at the show.
Load-in and setup/show hours
Load-in and setup time is 1pm to 7pm, Thursday, November 14
Friday & Saturday 10am-6pm (merchants are allowed in at 9:00am)
Sunday 11am-5pm (merchants are allowed in at 10:00am and must be out by 9pm)
Are you shipping to the Marriott Oakland City Center?
Be aware that there is a charge on ALL packages delivered to the venue/hotel, large or small, through the UPS Store. Click here for info about shipping with them. If you prearrange delivery with a freight company (not the venue/hotel UPS Store) and they deliver to the loading dock between 1pm & 7pm on Thursday, November 14, there is no fee charged by the UPS Store. To avoid a charge, THEY MUST deliver to the West Hall loading dock 1-7pm on setup day. If anything comes in any other way, you WILL be charged! Here is contact info for a local FedEx Shipping Center.
Are you bringing/driving your merchandise to the venue?
You can park on 10th street and load through the side door or park in the garage and use the elevators to load-in. DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR CAR OR YOUR CAR UNATTENDED!!!
Are you parking?
The convention center has a parking garage attached, hourly rate or $28 for overnight parking (Whole Bead contracted rate, not sure how you get this. We will find out more once we are there), accessed from 11th Street. We highly recommend using the parking garage. DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR CAR!!!
Each standard 9’x7’ booth comes with two 6’x30” tables and each wall 10’x10’ booth comes with one 8’x30” table. Artisan booth is one 8’ table. A small write-up table is permitted.
What can you do to help get the word out?
Digital postcards are available by clicking here. Please be sure to let your contacts know on social media and email lists, that we are coming to town. If you would like physical cards to mail to your contacts, let us know and we can send you some.
Things you need to know:
- No audible music may be played
- Bring your own table coverings.
- Do not tape or attach anything to any wall.
- If excessive amounts of electricity/lighting are being used by you and it is causing issues, you will be asked to turn off and remove lights. Please NO Halogen Lights. Please bring your own strip, a 15 foot electrical cord and tape to tape down your cords.
- If any part of your display or merchandise is unfairly obstructing other merchant’s space you will be asked to remove it.
- If you extend out of your allowed space and refuse to move, there will be a fine of $500 per square foot over allotted space.
- Large banners may be affixed to the front of your tables. Any unattractive signage will be removed. Signs posting percentage off can be no larger than 3” x 3”, and no more than 2 per booth (these are signs with words such as “wholesale to the public,” “50% off,” “sale,” etc.).
Things you should not forget to bring:
- Table coverings
- Electric strip, 15ft cord, and tape to tape down your cords
General Excise Tax:
9.25% on all retail sales. Click here for more information on how to get your Special Event Permit & California Reseller’s permit. As the organizers of this event, we are required by law to supply the State of California with a list of all vendors who attend this event. Be sure to file and pay your sales tax.