Licensing & Tax Info – New York

To be able to sell beads & jewelry at the New York NY shows, there are a few things that need to be done. There is no cost to get a license through the New York Department of Taxation and Finance.

  1. GET A COA If you aren’t already registered with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance to file/pay taxes you must do that in advance of the show. Here is a link to their website How to Register for New York State Sales Tax.  You will need to already have an EIN to complete this process.
  2. COLLECT ST-120 To sell to customers that are tax-exempt and have a Reseller’s License, you will need to have them each sign (for your records) a form ST-120 from the Department of Taxation and Finance.

I found this to be a great source of info

We give this information as a guide. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have all the necessary permits and licenses.